NITTTR, Chennai envisions to be a leading institute in promoting excellence in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) systems by planning, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating quality training programmes, learning resources, research studies and extension services for Technical educational institutions, Industry and Community.
Our Short Vision Statement:
“Promoting Excellence in Technical Education”
NITTTR, Chennai is a resource Institution established by the Government of India for quality improvement of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the Southern Region of the country in particular.
The following are the elements of mission towards which the institute is committed to work:
To offer offer quality, flexible, relevant and cost-effective training programmes for technical teachers, in various modes including web based one.
- To demonstrate leadership by organising dynamic and leading edge programmes to meet the changing needs of the Industry and the Community.
- To develop into a Deemed University in order to provide effective and efficient services to the technical teachers.
- To help in solving problems in Engineering and Education through research, development and extension activities.
- To establish and foster collaboration with industry, state, national and international Institutes, Universities and other agencies committed to the development of Technical Education in the country.
w Team work
w Staff Development for continuous learning
w Openness and Transparency
w Customer focus
w Social responsibility
The objectives of the institute are:
1. To act as a centre for offering quality training programmes for teachers as per needs of the client system, covering the entire gamut of technical education including engineering colleges, polytechnics, vocational and management education, at regional and national levels.
2. To arrange for training of technical teachers in industries on a cooperative education plan.
3. To undertake systemic research to provide inputs for development of technical education training systems and their management.
4. To undertake and guide research for development of innovative methods, processes and practices for improvement of teaching-learning environment in technical and vocational education institutions.
5. To design new instructional system and strategies for production of multimedia learning materials.
6. To develop and disseminate learning resources like Textbooks, Laboratory Manuals, Video Programmes, Computer Assisted Instructional Multimedia Packages to technical and vocational institutions and other organisations.
7. To offer programmes for technical and vocational teachers in distance learning mode using state-of-the-art technologies.
8. To offer courses / programmes for technical and vocational teachers to suit overseas demand especially SAARC & ASEAN countries.
9. To institute and award fellowships, scholarships, prizes and medals.
10. To collaborate with Community and Industries in organising Continuing and Non-formal vocational education programmes and providing extension and consultancy services.
11. To undertake Consultancy and Extension work for industry, technical institutions / organisations.
12. To establish Extension Centres of the institute in different States with the approval of Govt. of India, for serving the specific needs of each State.
13. To provide support services to Government of India schemes related to technical and vocational education system and as entrusted by MHRD, Government of India, from time to time.
14. To cooperate with educational or other institutions in any part of the world having similar objectives wholly or partly similar to those of the institute by exchange of teachers and scholars and generally in such manner as may be conducive to their common objects.